Sunday, 13 September 2009

unable to read unknown load command 0x80000022

A quick post about the error message above which I started getting this week in a couple of iPhone and OSX XCode projects. In the console debugger it would spam this message whenever I ran an application, although it didn't seem to make any difference. However it obviously made it harder to debug code.

The reason appears to be that I've upgraded to Snow Leopard without upgrading the developers tools at the same time. Hence I was using the 10.5 version to XCode to compile in a 10.6 environment. I've fully upgraded now and the warnings have gone away.

I couldn't find much documentation on this on the internet so thought I'd make a quick post about it. Please feel free to comment if you've been getting this also.

(I also noticed that using Command-Left Arrow, Command-Right Arrow in the Xcode editor would cause XCode to crash). The upgrade fixed this also.


1 comment:

a man in the wild said...

I've had the same issue. Thanks for the help!