Sunday, 13 May 2007

StoxWorth


In my spare time I'm trying to polish off a little application I've been developing to help people see of snapshot of their share portfolio. Usually I use MS Money to keep track of my shares but it has a annoying limitation of supporting online updates of shares from a limited number of countries, like the US, Australia and some places in Europe. If you own shares in any other countries then you need to make the updates manually.

To give me an instant overview of where my portfolio is right now I've created a little Mac OS X widget that shows you the current value of your investments (from just about any stock exchange) and shows you how much money you've made or lost on the day. It'll even convert foreign currency shares into your local currency so that your overall gain/loss can be calculated. Now that I've got Windows Vista installed on my iMac I'm going to get started writing a Vista Gadget version of this Mac Widget, prehaps with a pretty graph that lets you see your portfolio value over a pre-specified date range.

No comments: