Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Number Invaders


moneyLounge has reached a stable build now and I'm actually able to use it for my day to day finances. That means I finally have a replacement for MS Money on the Mac that I can actually use. There's still a few bits and pieces that could be improved upon and I intend over the next few days to test the release on my G5 and also give it to a few users to beta test. But for the past couple of weeks I've been happily working on my first iPhone Project - Number Invaders. It's a simple game based on the old 1980 Casio Calculator game where you 'shoot' numbers advancing across the LED display towards you, and it has turned out to be an ideal introduction project to iPhone development, as it involves simple graphics, timing events and GUI development. The actual coding is very similar to standard Mac Cocoa and Objective-C and so far the hardest part has been getting the setup and configuration working. If you're intended to join the iPhone developer program and setup your Mac then I would encourage you to visit Ralf Rottmann's guide as he takes you past all the potholes that Apple has often neglected to document. I now need to get Calculator Invaders ready for the App Store and I'll try to be a little more regular at updating my blog of with what happens thru the Apple QA process.


No comments: