Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Timetable NZ

Next off the assembly line from the eLounge App development factory comes Timetable NZ!

I'm not going to wrote another blurb about this App as when you're publishing an App on the App Store you tend to get a little tired of writing promotional material, but if you're interested please take a look at www.elounge.net.nz. This App has been a few months of part time work in the making with some great support from the kind people of the Greater Wellington City Council and Metlink.

One thing I noticed whilst developing it was how google and the internet has completely changed software development. Whenever I came across a curly problem with the iPhone SDK, X-Code or Cocoa Touch my first port of call wasn't to try and think of a solution - it was to google the problem and try and find a code sample to get me started. Naturally I couldn't make a one to one copy and paste but I hasn't once failed to help me overcome a problem far faster then I ever would have had I been required to figure it out myself.

It's highlighted the importance to me of having developers like myself post solutions wherever possible on the internet. This is something I haven't been particularly diligent about but I'll try and make more posts in the future.

No comments: