Thursday, 26 March 2009

Back to moneyLounge

Now that Number Invaders is finally out I have resumed work on moneyLounge with the aim of finishing off all existing functionality, closing the final few bugs and getting it out to some users for alpha testing.  I knocked together a icon/logo for the software last night which can be seen in all it's hi resolution glory here. One of the challenges with Mac Programming is that as a developer you have a very high self expectation to build software that looks really great. Actually achieving this can be quite a challenge as, after all, we are coders and not graphics designers or artists. I managed to get myself on a Photoshop Introductory course over the weekend and it's helped immensely, in that now I'm able to do most of my in-application icon, button and graphics myself and do a reasonably good job. It's a real boost to the confidence when you're working on developing an application that doesn't just work well but also looks good. I'll try and post a few more screen shots once I've finished the various final odds and ends to get this all working. Once done it'll be onto the next iPhone App, something I'm really looking forward to.

No comments: